Why should I try Japanese Acupuncture ?
The 'Kiiko Matsumoto' style of Japanese acupuncture, practiced by Lawrence, the acupuncturist at Acupuncture Middlesbrough is gentle, very effective and powerful. As a patient recently said:- 'If you are suffering from something nagging that doctors can't get a grip on, or if you're wandering around wondering why you just feel crap and can't shake it off, give this a go. Two weeks ago, after more than two months of attempted symptom relief by my doctors, I was no better. Two weeks later, after two treatments from Lawrence I feel the best I have felt in years.' [Mr. P]
Just click to [Read genuine testimonials from Lawrence's patients]
Acupuncture is truly amazing, not just for helping many health problems, but also for general 'wellness', for feeling 'good', for feeling 'full of energy' , for real 'deep relaxation' - many patients after treatment say, 'I haven't felt as relaxed as this for years'. Lawrence uses very fine wire needles, shallowly inserted, making it a more pleasant experience than normal Chinese acupuncture or acupuncture practiced by other health professionals.
We regularly successfully treat patients with conditions such as:-
- Anxiety and Depression - and emotional problems such as stress, anger, PMS, anxiety, panic attacks, fear, insomnia, exam nerves
- Pain - including arthritis, period pain, ovary pain, back, neck and shoulder pain, sciatica, sprains and injuries, tennis elbow, tendonitis, hyper-mobility joint pain, and unexplained or unknown pain or numbness or neuropathy.
- Digestive Problems - including IBS, nausea, Crohn's, Colitis, diabetes, constipation
- ENT - including sinusitis, allergies, dizziness
- Headaches - of all types including migraines and tension headaches
- Insomnia - and sleeping problems in general
- Tiredness - weakness and lethargy or just feeling 'under the weather' or 'not your usual self'.
- Circulation - including high or low blood pressure, Reynaud’s, Angina
- Gyni Problems - including Infertility, PCOS, heavy periods, hot flushes, morning sickness
Acupuncture can be very helpful for long-term chronic health conditions, such as symptoms or pain, that do not respond well to conventional medicine, or where the side-effects of the medicines can cause even more serious health problems. Over the last 2,500 years, acupuncture has helped hundreds of millions of people worldwide back to full health. After all, your body knows how to heal itself - the needles just help it to start remembering how it did it before!
[Click to book an appointment]
The number of treatments you will need will depend on your personal health history. The longer you have had a problem, the more treatments it may take. I suggest that you come for at least two treatments, as much of the first session is used to take your medical history and to do a detailed diagnosis and first treatment. Most patients come for 2 to 6 treatments until their health problems are resolved.
If you have a serious condition for which there is no cure, you might have a treatment every few weeks, once a month or every quarter, to help alleviate your symptoms and improve your overall feeling of well-being.
[Click to book an appointment]
We are easily accessible (TS1 2RQ), just off the A66 near Cineworld and directly opposite the Job Centre and Courts and near MIMA, we welcome patients from Middlesbrough, Stockton on Tees, Ingleby Barwick, Yarm and the surrounding villages .